- All adopters must be at least 21 years of age.
- All adopters must be able to provide proof of home ownership OR be willing to provide proof of landlord consent to adopt an animal. Adopter can provide proof of landlord consent through one of the following three ways:
1) Provide landlord name and phone number
2) Provide a copy of the lease stating their specific pet policy
3) Provide written consent from the landlord, such as e-mail correspondence from the landlord’s professional e-mail account
- Personal references are required. Veterinary references are not required, but they are strongly recommended. Please inform all references that they will be receiving a call from The Lemonade Project prior to submitting them on your application.
- No animal adopted from The Lemonade Project may undergo a cosmetic procedure without the recommendation of a licensed veterinarian. This means that no animal adopted from The Lemonade Project is allowed to be declawed, cropped, docked, or any other cosmetic procedure. This excludes animals that require medical amputation or extraction of body parts or teeth based on the recommendation of a licensed veterinarian.
- All animals leaving The Lemonade Project will be matched with their families to the best of the Adoption Counselor’s abilities. We request information about Your Ideal Cat on your application form, in addition to requiring a “meet n’ greet” at the Cat’s/Kitten’s foster home prior to adoption. We do this to ensure that you are being sent home with a compatible match. However, we also understand that sometimes things simply don’t work, for a variety of reasons, and so we do offer a two week trial period. The animal may be returned to our organization for a refund of the adoption fee within that two week period.
- All animals rescued by The Lemonade Project will leave with a recent veterinary exam and will be up-to-date on all wellness care. This means that all Cats and Kittens will go home up-to-date on age appropriate vaccinations (FVRCP, Rabies), spayed/neutered, microchipped, with one month of flea control and a negative fecal exam.
- All animals adopted from The Lemonade Project are to be returned to The Lemonade Project if you are unable to keep them any longer. We invest a lot in our animals. If at any point in the animal’s life, you are unable to keep him/her, The Lemonade Project will take that animal back with no questions asked.